How Much Does Bathtub Refinishing Cost?… That Depends On The Problem You’re Trying To Solve? And Type Of Bathtub.
Should you have a different type tub or surround project, please see our Bathroom Refinishing Cost Page For All Tub Type Options.
Rust damage, erosion, sever chipping, holes, cracks and peeling require additional time – materials, which will affect the pricing. We offer FREE in home estimates or you can send images.
RESIDENTIAL: Standard Bathtub Refinishing Pricing - Options- Services
|Tub perimeter caulk removal & overflow plate removal. (Does NOT include re-installing overflow the next day - it's really simple to do.)|
|Surface etching provides superior adhesion.|
|Minor chips & surface scratch repair.|
|12 inch Vortex ventilator odor extractor. Helps to remove refinishing odors.|
|TubPotion #8 Silane adhesion promoter coupling agent provides a permanent bond.|
|TubPotion #11 - 2 part polyester bonding primer.|
|TubPotion #12 - 2 part polyester polyurethane aliphatic top coat.|
|Pull masking clean-up after job completion.|
|Professionally re-caulked hybrid silicone caulk. Bright white.|
|Transferable guarantee selling your home? No problem with this valuable option.|
|Conveniently back online the next day.|
|Your choice of safety surface non-slip TubPotion #7 round micro-spheres granules provide safe traction super easy to clean. Or TubPotion #9 our premium factory looking safety surface non-slip without granules.|
|EXCLUSIVE: Water repelling SECRET additive TubPotion # 16 provides enhanced gloss and protection. Repels water effortlessly helping to prevent water spots from forming. Which helps to keep your tub sparkling clean.|
|Citrus scented coating. Added to your coating changes harsh solvent smell to a fresh easy on the nose odor.|
|Bathtub Refinishing Repair Options, Ala Carte & Other Service's You May Need.|
Having the tub refinished with the drain out creates a really clean look around the drain vs. taping off. Plus by sealing the coating under the drain, seriously extends the service life of the refinishing. Read the Full Post Here On The Benefits Of Drain Replacement…
* Bathtub drain replacement requires access to the bathtub plumbing and a return trip for installation the next day.
Access panel installation may be available when needed for an additional charge.
Glue on solutions available as well... See the Drain Post for more info.
Chemical Stripping is required if your suffering from the results of a “Peeling Tub” the culprit is generally the results of hiring a cheap refinisher as the saying goes “You Get What You Pay For…”
If not removed before re-coating, your throwing your money away... Many refinishers will not strip even if they say they do! But only sand the affected area. Or only strip the inside of the tub bowl... Either is considered a RIP OFF!
*Here is more information on stripping a refinished tub… Read the full post here…
Bathtubs holding water can cause some serious damage and must be filled to level to correct the problem before "Refinishing" or the same problem will re-occur.
Time & material to repair correctly depends on the extent of the job.
Bathtub "Rust Outs" as we call them, whether around the tub drain or overflow can easily be repaired by removing the rusted area and fiber-glassing a brass coated steel ring to the tub. Photo or estimate required.
The craftsmanship of our repair is seamless and looks absolutely fabulous, just like the original tub. Give us a crack at it, you won't be sorry...
Heavily eroded or chipped up tub surface requires addition time & material to repair base on hourly charge. We can provide time estimate via in-home estimate or even photos of the problem. Hourly rate for time and material $95.00.
Leaking faucets, drain acid applied incorrectly and chiseling shower door frames from tub rail can all cause these problems.
When Rust is present under the drain or overflow it's critical that the hardware is removed so the rust can be removed and treated...
Whoops! Got chips in your bathtub... no problem from black to white and all colors in between we can match your color on location and expertly repair the problem.
You'll have to ask where the chip was when we're done. Pricing covers 1 to 3 chips in one bathtub... Add $25. for each additional chip after 3.
Estimate required to access the extent of damage.
This happens when removing a shower door track using hammer and chisel. Next time heat the track up with a propane torch to soften the adhesive. Then using a putty knife or 5 in 1 tool and rubber mallet gently work the track off. Caution don't apply heat near an arcylic or fiberglass tub or surround.
Custom colors are available. Our standard colors are white, bone, almond, black and slight tinting to match to your other fixtures is included. Just let us know what your requirements are.
But... if you've got something special in mind no problem whether you've got a purple, tangerine, or most any color in mind... We can hook you up!
We do like to remind folks though not everyone might share your taste in color and if your looking to sell in the future it's best to keep neutral colors on the fixtures...
Both of our non-slips do not contain any aggressive "GRIT" that other refinisher's use.
Majority of home accidents happen in the bathroom while getting in or out of the tub. Protect your family while protecting your refinished tub from suction cup bath mats that will damage a refinished tub if left down for long periods.
TubPotion's # 7 perfectly round micro-spheres or TubPotion # 9 is an "Exclusive" textured surface applied to the Tub or Shower Pan Before Refinishing and is incorporated into the process. It took one full year in R&D to bring this special product to the market. Both are super easy to maintain and clean.
May also be installed as a Stand Alone service when you want the protection or need to cover an stained tub bottom, when the rest of the tub is in great shape...
5 UNTOLD MYTHS ABOUT TUB REFINISHING. What Most Bathtub Refinishing Contractors Don’t Want You To Know!
Myth #1 Tub Refinishing Will Make Your Tub Look Perfectly Brand New.
- Ever see the sunbeam coming thru a window with all the stuff floating around? Well that’s what we have to deal with as well, so refinishing a tub will have some light dust in the surface.
- Put your shower curtain up and be happy, a week later you won’t notice this any longer. This is not the case should you have a chuck of debris, that’s not acceptable.
- If you really want it to look brand new. Book Cut & Buff to have a return visit for the tub to be wet sanded and buffed, simple right.
Myth #2: Refinishing Your Bathtub, The New Coating Will Magically Cover And Repair Damage.
- False it will magnify the damage. Erosion, pitting, chips, rust damage and chemically stripping a failed previously reglazed tub must be addressed in the quotation, or your concerns won’t be addressed.
- Painting your old dull, dented, damaged rusted car, you’ll have a glossy dented, damaged and rusty car.
- Not at all, unfortunately this trade is crammed full of low price hucksters. Offering cookie cutter pricing. Easy to spot they won’t ask any questions about your project.
- Who’ll simply “Paint” your tub with cheap epoxy coatings, without providing proper surface preparations, or equipment to protect your home. Your project will last long enough to cash your check.
- Or you’ll get a contractor using bait & switch pricing. Everything you would expect, is extra. Like caulking removal, replacement, minor chip damage repaired, non-slip treatment, scented coatings to help mask the odors, etc.
- Then we have out of state call centers posing as a local company using cheap sub-contractors. They’ll both point the finger at the other and you’ll not have any recourse when a problem arises.
- Poor training, I’ve hired many technicians from other companies, and ALL required complete re-training. Poor habits, lousy spray patterns and just no concept of the craft and the art involved.
- FAKE GUARANTEE where they advertise the cheapest price with long guarantees. What we here from homeowners is the problem will be your fault and not covered.
- In my observation… 80% of tub refinishing contractors are working from the back of their trunk. No place of business or office, using fake online addresses. Again no recourse for problems. Seriously you simply need to do your homework. If the price sounds to good to be true it probably is?
Myth #3: Aren’t All Bathtub Refinishing Contractors The Same?
Myth #4: Aren’t All Tub Refinishing Coatings The Same?
- Hardy, the secret to a great coating, starts in the surface preparations then using a proven formula of surface etching, adhesion promoters, bonding primers and IMHO thru heavy testing. Our TubPotion polyester hybrid protective top coats See the proof for yourself.
- TubPotion Polyester Coatings provide UN-equaled long lasting & glassy porcelain like looks. Provides a far superior coating over epoxy – polyurethane coatings.
- What’s up with refinishers telling you they’ll put REAL porcelain on your tub? Sorry can’t be done… Porcelain is kiln fired at 1600+ hundred degrees. So it’s just a big lie.
Myth #5 They Told You, You’d Get 4 Coats Of Epoxy Primer And 4 Coats Of Polyurethane Top Coats, Gotta Be Better Right?
- This one kills me… I even read on Garden Web where this gal bragged about getting 14 coats on her tub and only paid $250. At 1/2 hour between coats, prep & setup time… well you do the math, totally bogus.
- Coatings are rated for DFT (Dry film thickness) Once the thickness is exceeded the coating will start to rip itself apart over time as it cures, causing cracks in the coating.
With over 30 years refinishing, trust me 4 primer coats and 4 top coats is double the recommended DFT, and just a dumb marketing ploy as well probably a lie, and not good for lasting service life.
Exaggeration of what happens when coatings are over applied. As the coating cures it shrinks tighten to the surface which helps adhesion, but when over done causing the coating to split or crack. More is not better, applying the coating to the manufactures recommended DFT is.
Serving: Maryland, Washington D.C. and Northern Virginia
Service Type: Bathtub Refinishing : Affordable & Effective Solutions For Worn-Out, Damaged & Outdated Bathtubs By Refinishing.
Areas We Serve For Bathtub Refinishing Near Me : Aberdeen MD | Accokeek MD | Annapolis MD | Arnold MD | Baltimore MD | Bel Air MD | Beltsville MD | Bethesda MD | Bladensburg MD | Bowie MD | Burtonsville MD | Catonsville MD | Clinton MD | Cockeysville MD | College Park MD | Columbia MD | Crofton MD | Dundalk MD | Edgewood MD | Elkridge MD | Ellicott City MD | Elkton MD | Essex MD | Fort Washington MD | Gaithersburg MD | Germantown MD | Glen Burnie MD | Glenn Dale MD | Greenbelt MD | Hyattsville MD | Lanham MD | La Plata MD | Laurel MD | Maryland | Middle River MD | Montgomery Village MD | Odenton MD | Olney MD | Owings Mills MD | Pasadena MD | Perry Hall MD | Pikesville MD | Poolesville MD | Potomac MD | Rockville MD | Randallstown MD | Reisterstown MD | Severn MD | Severna Park MD | Shady Side MD | Silver Springs MD | Stevensville MD | Takoma Park MD | Temple Hills MD | Towson MD | Waldorf MD | Wheaton MD | Westminster MD | White Marsh MD | NOVA | Northern Virginia | Arlington VA | Alexandria VA | Annadale VA | Chantilly VA | Fairfax VA | Falls Church VA | Great Falls VA | Herndon VA | Manassas VA | Springfield VA | Washington DC | Prince Georges County | Montgomery County | Anne Arundel County| Howard County |
Submit your review
I have no questions or concerns but just wanted to express my appreciation to everyone involved with this project. From my first contact with...
Thank you, Brenda, I'll be sure to let them know and thanks for your kind words and business! Paul Burns | Porcelain Tub Restorations
Had a renovation done on a claw foot tub from 1914. The tech did an excellent job. The porcelain refinishing made it look new and it will be...
Awesome Teresa, thanks for sharing and your business! Paul Burns | Porcelain Tub Restorations.
Vinny showed up for our estimate, very knowledgable and patient. Explained the process and order of what needed to be done. We had a neighbour...
Thanks, Jan glad we could be a part of your project. Appreciate your review and business. Paul Burns | Porcelain Tub Restorations
I contacted Mr. Burns about purchasing a refinishing kit for the above project. Mr. Burns responded quickly and provided me a step by step guide...
You're welcome Ted, I try to discourage folks doing this themselves as many problems can occur, but your confidence was beaming and your willingness to solve any problem prompted me to assist you. Thanks for your review and business. Paul Burns | Porcelain Tub Restorations
Some of the best folks I've worked with as far as getting a project done. Easy to communicate with, good pricing, on time and the work ethic...
Thank you for your business and review, glad we could assist in your project. Paul Burns | Porcelain Tub Restorations
We help frustrated struggling homeowners who are looking to update their bathtub or tile by getting a great new looking tub for up to 75% off replacement by refinishing your worn out damaged bathtub. Conveniently often in just one day… And we’ve been doing this since 1990.